The Wicked Coffee Company One Day Barista Skills Course
The Wicked Coffee Company Barista Skills Course is a one day course. Upon completion and successful assessment you will be awarded with a Wicked Coffee Certificate.
- Delegates Suitable for Supervisors, Café Operators and those keen to improve their knowledge.
- Cost Please contact us for rates.
- Lunch Included.
The one day course will include the following:
- Explanation of the coffee roasting process.
- Overview of coffee varieties, origins and flavours.
- Cupping skills.
- Barista skills.
- Beverage preparation (tea, hot chocolate, frappés and smoothies as required).
- Latte art (optional).
- Equipment operation and cleaning.
- Written assessment and TWCC certification.
Following attendance at the course, delegates should come away with knowledge and expertise in the following disciplines.
- Outline characteristics of the product to customers.
- Handle and store products and ingredients correctly and safely.
- Describe the origin and flavour of products and ingredients.
- Describe the processes involved in bringing the products to the market.
- Check and clean equipment before and after use.
- Describe the checks required for each piece of equipment, including the frequency.
- Explain how common faults might occur with each piece of equipment.
- State the importance of leaving areas clean, tidy and safe.
Drink Building Techniques
- Calibrate pieces of equipment as necessary.
- Operate pieces of equipment to produce the drink required.
- Check drink meets quality standards and correct as necessary.
- List the drinking vessels and ancillaries required for drinks.
- Serve customers in an efficient manner.
- Ensure service is completed appropriately and satisfactorily.
- Explain the consequences of poor customer service.
Booking and Reservation
If you are interested in reserving a place on one of our training courses, please contact the office using the details below.
Phone 0330 1003 680
You will be sent a booking form to complete and return. Upon receipt your training course will be reserved and confirmed.